The Official North Padre Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Padre Adventure 2008

4 posters

Go down

Padre Adventure 2008 Empty Padre Adventure 2008

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:27 am

Well, my friends.. we're getting closer..

I know we've discussed this subject a bit on the Padre Myspace page, but I figured I'd transfer it to here as well. Speaking of bring things to the table. For instance, this will be Morrison & I's fourth excursion, Daniel's third, Johnson & Casey's second, and Derek's first. Based on our experiences, what are some things we want to do different (or the same) this time around. For example:

I vote we stop at the same gas station where that clerk was lifting weights and gave us tracks about the DaVinci Code. Somewhere in Fort Worth, remember?
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

https://northpadrealliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Padre Adventure 2008 Empty Re: Padre Adventure 2008

Post  Speedstick Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:25 am

Sounds like fun to me
Speedstick
Speedstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoothy Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:47 pm

The main advancements I want to make this year will be those that will enhance comfort. For instance, I've already talked about bringing a rake to clear the seaweed all around our campsite and down to the water. I also plan on investing in a nice 1 or 2 person tent like the one Morrison had last year. The smaller size of his tent didn't catch the wind as much as the other behemoth we had that met its demise in that way. I also suggest everyone get a good folding camp chair to aid them with comfortable sitting.

It was such a shame last year when Johnson put his faith in a shitty, Target bluelight special, five for a dollar, ass trap that buckled under the weight of the humid sea air alone. I swear that thing was made out of the tubes from discarded ink pens and Natasha's used bikini bottoms. Poor guy had to spend the remainder of the week with his butt in the sand where the ghost crabs and sand antelope could make easy pickins out of any and all dingleberries.
Smoothy
Smoothy

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:24 am

Smoothy wrote:The main advancements I want to make this year will be those that will enhance comfort. For instance, I've already talked about bringing a rake to clear the seaweed all around our campsite and down to the water. I also plan on investing in a nice 1 or 2 person tent like the one Morrison had last year. The smaller size of his tent didn't catch the wind as much as the other behemoth we had that met its demise in that way. I also suggest everyone get a good folding camp chair to aid them with comfortable sitting.

It was such a shame last year when Johnson put his faith in a shitty, Target bluelight special, five for a dollar, ass trap that buckled under the weight of the humid sea air alone. I swear that thing was made out of the tubes from discarded ink pens and Natasha's used bikini bottoms. Poor guy had to spend the remainder of the week with his butt in the sand where the ghost crabs and sand antelope could make easy pickins out of any and all dingleberries.
I about pissed my pants from the giggles while reading this. Bravo.
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Potty Patty Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:43 am

Deep Throat Daisy wrote:
Smoothy wrote:The main advancements I want to make this year will be those that will enhance comfort. For instance, I've already talked about bringing a rake to clear the seaweed all around our campsite and down to the water. I also plan on investing in a nice 1 or 2 person tent like the one Morrison had last year. The smaller size of his tent didn't catch the wind as much as the other behemoth we had that met its demise in that way. I also suggest everyone get a good folding camp chair to aid them with comfortable sitting.

I about pissed my pants from the giggles while reading this. Bravo.

lol! Seriously. I literally laughed out loud and put it on a sign to wave around.

And yes, Smoothy is correct when he speaks of getting a good chair. There's a picture of my broken chair and the way I had to sit in it on the Padre Myspace. I cried myself to sleep most nights. But that was totally unrelated.
Potty Patty
Potty Patty

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:10 pm

We really need to figure out when we're going. I know we've discussed May lately, but we need to narrow it down to when in that month. Any suggestions?
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoothy Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:27 pm

Personally, anytime Padre calls will not be a problem for me. I think the descision will lie with those of us who may have conflicts with May. I know Morrison said that May could be the best time for him. Since we went in May last year and the weather and water was awesome, I think it would make sense to aim for it again if possible.
Smoothy
Smoothy

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:54 pm

Smoothy wrote:Personally, anytime Padre calls will not be a problem for me. I think the descision will lie with those of us who may have conflicts with May. I know Morrison said that May could be the best time for him. Since we went in May last year and the weather and water was awesome, I think it would make sense to aim for it again if possible.
Quite true.

My only problem is towards the beginning of May, I have to help my grandparents move from Zapata, Texas to Newaygo, Michigan. That's a trip. I just hope it's like the very beginning of the month and doesn't try to bleed any of our plans. I doubt it will, if we're aiming towards the second half of the month.

P.S. Smoothy, love the avatar.
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down