The Official North Padre Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Future

5 posters

Go down

The Future Empty The Future

Post  Speedstick Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:18 pm

Hello dear wizard brethren,

As some of you are aware of, late yesterday afternoon, I received word that the company I was working for was shutting down the division I was a part of. This lovely little event effectively caused me to participate in something called a "lay-off". For those of you unfamiliar with this concept (yes, I know I am being a smart-ass) it means that the company you work for calls you into a room and congratulates you on your new found freedom to find other employment. Needless to say....excitement filled the air. And by excitement, I mean the kind of internal urgency that is often described by criminologists as "going postal". Thankfully, no one acted on such feelings, so we all lived to tell the tale.

Yes yes, it has been an interesting 24 hours, however, there is wonderful news on the horizon, please be praying that this news will include the opportunity to attend Padre 2008.

This has been a trying time for myself and my family, and yet there has been a strange (and yet not so strange) peace surrounding J, M, and I.

So on that note, I will raise my glass tonight in great expectation of the future, that is so graciously observed and orchestrated by The Almighty (The Creator of Padre).

Peace,

Speedstick
Speedstick
Speedstick

Back to top Go down

The Future Empty Re: The Future

Post  Potty Patty Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:24 pm

The biggest shock of this whole post was when you said "Peace" as your goodbye greetings. I was blown away. Laughing

Ok, set let's let the smileys explain what you'll have more time to do now with your freedom.....

study Sleep Basketball bounce cheers scratch lol!

That's the upside to this. But the real upside is that you're out of a job you didn't enjoy being at, and that you had moral qualms about. I know things will work out for you guys and I'll be praying for you. I believe that God will do something in your lives that will basically make you go affraid

Love,

Potty Patty
Potty Patty
Potty Patty

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:30 pm

For all we know, this could have been an answer to your prayers.

Obviously puts you into an odd situation, but we all know that you'll pull through. You'll be in the pink soon enough or my name is not Deep Throat Daisy. And even though our faith is telling us otherwise, if you can't make it to Padre 2008 we fully understand and we'll all drink 18 beers in honor of you.

We love you, buddy. Good things are here.

Crazysexycool,

Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

https://northpadrealliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedstick Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:37 pm

I deeply love all of you.

And I am not sure why this smiley is here farao

But he pretty much rocks my world.
Speedstick
Speedstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Speedstick wrote:I deeply love all of you.

And I am not sure why this smiley is here farao

But he pretty much rocks my world.
I've never seen a more happy pharoh.
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

https://northpadrealliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sugarcane Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:28 pm

It's okay speedstick. Life would suck if we didn't get to enjoy all of the little surprises. You'll make it just fine. If things go to shit at harrison, which seems to be rapidly happening, you can have my job.
Sugarcane
Sugarcane

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoothy Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Wow, I didn't expect to see this when I logged on to the ol' forums. Speedstick I know you will pull through just fine and probably come out better in the end than you had it before. I will definitely keep this in my prayers and, of course, if there is anything I can do to help out, Smoothy will be right there at a moments notice.
Smoothy
Smoothy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum