The Official North Padre Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URGENT: All Padre Members Must Read

5 posters

Go down

URGENT: All Padre Members Must Read Empty URGENT: All Padre Members Must Read

Post  Smoothy Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Last week (wednesday) I got online and applied for a job with AT&T as a "Premises Tech", basically installing their new TV service in people's homes. They called me back on Thursday and scheduled me for a test and interview on Saturday. Well, of course I kicked the test's ass and buttered the interviewer's bread with my charm and I can confidently say that I have the job. They are supposed to call me on Monday to confirm everything.

I'm super excited about this new chapter in my life, but it is gonna put a huge damper on my summer activities and possibly take Padre out of the picture for me. If I accept the job, I will leave on May 4th for Irving, Texas for six or more weeks of training. And for the first 19 weeks on the job I will still be in a training phase and I would not be allowed to miss any work AT ALL.

As you can see, Padre 08, unless greatly postponed, would fall under the 19 weeks of no absenses. This sucks greatly, but it is a good job and don't think I can pass it up. I will do everything in my power to make Padre work out, but I doubt it will. Sad
Smoothy
Smoothy

Back to top Go down

URGENT: All Padre Members Must Read Empty Re: URGENT: All Padre Members Must Read

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:26 pm

Well I'm sure we all are very happy to hear about this job opportunity, but I'd be lying if I said my heart didn't sink when I read this. You got to do what you've got to do, my friend. This sounds like a very good opportunity.
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

https://northpadrealliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

URGENT: All Padre Members Must Read Empty Re: URGENT: All Padre Members Must Read

Post  Potty Patty Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm on the same page with Dave. It's a sad thing to hear, but a great opportunity for you. Sad That definitely described it best. Will this help you possibly move into the Tulsa area? You'll have to send something down to be put in the time capsule, or, I guess that will have to be discussed. Either way, congrats, and that sucks. Suspect
Potty Patty
Potty Patty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sugarcane Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:20 am

Ok so who is actually going now?
Sugarcane
Sugarcane

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Sugarcane wrote:Ok so who is actually going now?
Right now, realistically it looks like you, me, Morrison, and Johnson (given he finds a job soon).
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sugarcane Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:56 pm

Wow, we have dropped in numbers quiet a bit.
Sugarcane
Sugarcane

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:52 pm

Sugarcane wrote:Wow, we have dropped in numbers quiet a bit.
Well your brother is the only one who is 99% not going. Derek is still 50% (I would say, anyways) and so is Johnson. Me, you, and Flower Mound are the only ones who are 100%.. unless you do something fishy like last year.
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sugarcane Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:09 pm

I should be there for sure. My only difficulty is money and when we are actually going. So as soon as I know the better.
Sugarcane
Sugarcane

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Sugarcane wrote:I should be there for sure. My only difficulty is money and when we are actually going. So as soon as I know the better.
Morrison should have an answer for us by tonight as to when we're officially going, but expect next month to be it.
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedstick Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:48 am

Crying or Very sad
Speedstick
Speedstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down