The Official North Padre Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Revolution Cycle

4 posters

Go down

The Revolution Cycle Empty The Revolution Cycle

Post  Flower Mound Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:52 pm

So it's twenty minutes before class and I just finsihed my paper thats due. The paper was about what history has shown us about human nature, which is a very broad subject so we were free to pursue any aspect we thought worthy. I chose to look at the pattern of revolution. History is filled with revolutions. The French Revolution, World War II, the American Revolution to name a few. The point being that people are in a slow but constant state of revolution. As people we want change, we set up a new government and are happy with it, for a while, then our leadership gets selfish and then we are at square one again crying for revolution and setting up a new government.

So here is why I am writing, I pose this question: Do you think (as americans) that we are possibly getting towards the end of a revolution cycle. Our decleration from England brought us capitalism and freedom, and we set up a new government. But is it possible that we are starting to loose what we once fought for. Our leadership is becoming more selfish and less about the people. Its not severe, but i think its safe to say that the general census is that people don't have a great deal of faith in the government. Do you guys think we are possibly at the very beginning of a realization for major change? I'm not talking anything soon, but within the next 50-100 years? A complete overhall? If we follow history's pattern than it's feasible. But likely?

It's all speculation, and I just pulled this out of my ass today so I don't even know what I think, what's everyone's take? I hope my thoughts came out clear, i'll write more if they are confusing.
Flower Mound
Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

The Revolution Cycle Empty Re: The Revolution Cycle

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:52 pm

This is very interesting, Morrison. A valid thought.

I think changes like these are inevitable, but I doubt we would see something like this in our lifetime. Given the fact that our country is still very young, it hasn't had enough time to grow into something more like the other examples you gave. I would say a hundred years at the least, but you have to wonder what would branch off from this already? You know? I would say that there would a hint of something if it were to develop into something larger, but honestly, I could see a second Civil War take place first. Maybe that is your revolution.

Darwinism vs Creationism. North vs South. You never know.
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

https://northpadrealliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sugarcane Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:26 am

Good thought morrison, I've often thought the same thing. I think the country is going to be here for a while. With our system of checks and balances and our lack of speaking out as a people, it will take some time. I'm going to use energy as a point. Countries that are cutting edge like Norway, France, and Germany change things at a rapid pace to please there people. They know the people are in charge and call the shots. Norway is on the leading edge of energy, with Hydrogen and new ways to generate electricity. They don't like paying high energy prices. Us on the other hand as a people fill up our cars and SUV's with $3.90 per gallon gas and say "Fuck these prices are insane," instead of not buying anymore and boycotting it. We look at the fact that we have to have the gas to survive. Just think of the damage our government would take and the message we would send if we actually boycotted. Example the Montogmery bus boycott. Blacks said, "Fuck you bus I'll just walk." A few months went by but everything eventually changed. Revolution happens when a large portion of the people stand up and say "Fuck you, I'm not falling in with your insane policies, and I'm not taking it in the ass anymore." Revolution is standing against whatever oppression you have. America does not do that as a people. Well at least we haven't in a long time. I've ranted and feel better.
Sugarcane
Sugarcane

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoothy Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:26 pm

I actually agree partly with my brother here. Revolution comes when oppressed or change motivated people unite with a common goal and force the change to happen, or when a new technology comes along (electricity, computers and internet etc.) that radically changes people's daily lives. I think the biggest revolution potential that we have today lies with kicking fossil fuels for greener energies and our ever popular war situation. The first example would fall under the new technology category and the whole war situation is something that would be changed by a large group of united people.

So yes, I think a revolution is something that we will see happen in our lifetime, at least as far as technology is concerned. Our countries commitment to war and foreign policies are something totally different and uncertain for me, but I think that changes everytime we get a new president, at least a little. We just need one with completely different policies and ideals for that revolution to happen or begin to happen.
Smoothy
Smoothy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum