The Official North Padre Alliance Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"A Sacred Sorrow" by Michael Card

2 posters

Go down

"A Sacred Sorrow" by Michael Card Empty "A Sacred Sorrow" by Michael Card

Post  Speedstick Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:46 am

"A Sacred Sorrow" by Michael Card 9781576836675

Wow. This book was groundbreaking for me. I had already been delving into the area of lament and how that is something that actually adds to a person's faith, as opposed to detracting from it, but this book took me on a whole new journey. I now, for the first time, love the book of Job. I could never get a grasp on what it's purpose was, and in the reading of this, and some thoughts afterwards (that more than likely involved a brew and a stogey) came to the epiphany that it is one of the most practical books of the Bible.

The book is not about the Book of Job, just so you know, it is about looking at Biblical examples of Job, Jeremiah, David, and Jesus, to see how in every circumstance that was not going well, they would immediately turn their hearts to God in order to worship, complain, yell at, even borderline accuse Him of doing it. It is a weird thing to do, because intellectually we know that God did not cause the problems we are a part of, but there is something freeing about crying out to God "How long will You sleep!". It sounds almost blasphemous, but if that is the case, than David, Jeremiah, Job, and yes, even Jesus are in the same boat. Because they all lamented. They all cried out. And they all met God at the end of their complaints.

I can't stress enough my recommendation to read this book. This was a very helpful process for me. Highly recommended. Whether everything is going well or not.
Speedstick
Speedstick

Back to top Go down

"A Sacred Sorrow" by Michael Card Empty Re: "A Sacred Sorrow" by Michael Card

Post  Deep Throat Daisy Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:32 pm

Speedstick was kind enough to let me borrow this book, so I imagine it will be worth the read.
Deep Throat Daisy
Deep Throat Daisy
Admin

https://northpadrealliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down